WACSSO provides representation and services to affiliated Parents and Citizens' (P&C) Associations in Western Australia.
There are currently over 680 P&C Associations affiliated with WACSSO. For more information about affiliation, please contact Karen Izard, Finance and Administration Officer on 9264 4004 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WACSSO represents P&Cs on decision making committees within the Department of Education, as well as to State and Federal Members of Parliament.
- WACSSO is your representative voice within the Department of Education and in the broader community.
- The State Council of WACSSO is made up of a State Councillor from each electorate who represents affiliated school organisations. Councillors are available, by invitation, to attend P&C meetings to assist and advise where required.
Affiliates have the power to form a District Council to act as a local forum.
- The decision making body of WACSSO is Annual Conference. Each affiliate is entitled to be represented by two delegates and any number of observers. Conference determines WACSSO policy and is the forum for dealing with education issues of a State or National context.
- A staffed office is located within the Department of Education building that provides an expert advice service to affiliates and individual members.
- A free P&C Training Program is provided for affiliates. WACSSO employs a Training and Development Officer who conducts P&C Training and In House Training sessions for P&C members.
- Regular information is supplied to affiliated P&Cs on what is happening in Education in Western Australia and Australia.
Various publications and brochures are produced on relevant issues in government schools as well as methods to assist affiliates in running a P&C.
- The P&C Voice is produced and distributed to all affiliated Associations by mail and emailed to interested subscribers.
WACSSO Website is updated regularly and provides information useful for people involved in P&C Associations. To subscribe, please email: email@example.com
- WACSSO eNews is a regular online newsletter from the WACSSO office which is produced fortnightly and emailed to subscribers. To subscribe, please register at:http://www.wacsso.wa.edu.au/about/our-publications/subscribe-to-wacsso-enews
- WACSSO is available to follow on Facebook and Twitter for instant updates.
- Public Liability Insurance and Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance is included with affiliation. The Public Liability Insurance will cover your P&C for up to $20million for any one incident where the P&C is found liable. The Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance covers anyone volunteering on behalf of the P&C Association.
- Insurance for canteens, uniform shops and workers compensation is provided at competitive rates.
- Advice on school canteens is available from the office. WACSSO produces a publication called the P&C Employment Guide that assists P&Cs in the management of school canteens.
For more information about the services provided by WACSSO, please contact the office on (08) 9264 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org