Latest News & Announcements
Regional, Rural and Remote affiliates...have your voice heard on education!Permalink
ATTENTION Regional, Rural and Remote affiliates‼️ Have your voice heard on education in your local area! There may be a community forum happening near you, see below for details...
You may be aware that an Independent Review into Regional, Rural and Remote Education was announced on 2 March 2017.
Emeritus Professor John Halsey has been commissioned to conduct the review to examine the challenges faced by regional, rural and remote students regarding their learning outcomes. The review will identify and provide recommendations on innovative and evidence-based approaches to help these students succeed in school and in their transition to further study and employment. Read the discussion paper here.
Professor Halsey will be conducting four community forums in Western Australia:
On Tuesday 22 August from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
[Muresk Institute - 1 Muresk Rd, Northam WA 6401]
On Wednesday 23 August from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
[Chamber of Commerce & Industry of Western Australia - 3/58 Egan St, Kalgoorlie WA 6430]
On Thursday 24 August from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm
[Department of Human Services - 7 Wellington St, Bunbury WA 6230]
On Friday 25 August from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm
[Master Builders WA, 30 Graham Street, Albany]
IF YOU CAN'T MAKE IT TO ONE OF THE COMMUNITY FORUMS, WACSSO is also making a submission. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9264 4947 for more information on how to contribute. But be quick - the deadline is rapidly approaching. Thank you to all of those who have already contributed.
eNews: Term 3 Edition 1Permalink
This week you will find:
• School Colour Fun Run
• Registrations for conference closing!
• Good News Stories
• FREE Mathematics Pathways Evening
• Your Shout: new website resource
• WA Maritime Museum fundraising opportunity
• P&C Learning Opportunities in Fourth Term
• Parent Program: Holyoake
Click here to read.
Subscribe for information on public education in WA, school events, F.A.Q.s, online resources, fundraising ideas and P&C training opportunities! Never miss a beat.
What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?Permalink
FAQ. What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?
First ... Don't Panic!
Then ... If one of your Office Bearers (President. Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer) resigns the following action should take place:
- Request the resignation in writing (an email will suffice).
- The Vice-President should preside at meetings until a President is elected (see Constitution Rule 10.0)
- Contact the bank immediately and have the relevant Office Bearer removed as a signatory.
- Change any common passwords the P&C executive uses and request bank security tokens/code generators (email, bank etc) be returned.
- Request all records and documents held by the Office Bearer be returned as required under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (Part 4, Div. 1)
- Request any other P&C materials be returned e.g. badges, ID lanyards etc.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate another member of the Executive (preferably the Treasurer) to be the primary contact for employees until the role is filled. The employees should be contacted and informed of the resignation and the interim arrangements.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate an Executive member to fulfill their ex-officio role on sub-committees.
Before the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Advertise the position widely (newsletter, Facebook, school app).
- Ask the Principal for assistance in promoting the position and its importance to the school community.
- Give 7 days notice of the meeting.
- Place on the agenda:
- Correspondence in: Email resignation from (Name) – outgoing P&C (Role).
- An item on the agenda ‘Elections’ and a sub-item under that ‘P&C (Role)’.
At the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Hold the election and take the meeting minutes to the bank to add the new signatory.
- Advise the Principal of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.
- Advise WACSSO of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.