Latest News & Announcements
What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?Permalink
FAQ. What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?
First ... Don't Panic!
Then ... If one of your Office Bearers (President. Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer) resigns the following action should take place:
- Request the resignation in writing (an email will suffice).
- The Vice-President should preside at meetings until a President is elected (see Constitution Rule 10.0)
- Contact the bank immediately and have the relevant Office Bearer removed as a signatory.
- Change any common passwords the P&C executive uses and request bank security tokens/code generators (email, bank etc) be returned.
- Request all records and documents held by the Office Bearer be returned as required under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (Part 4, Div. 1)
- Request any other P&C materials be returned e.g. badges, ID lanyards etc.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate another member of the Executive (preferably the Treasurer) to be the primary contact for employees until the role is filled. The employees should be contacted and informed of the resignation and the interim arrangements.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate an Executive member to fulfill their ex-officio role on sub-committees.
Before the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Advertise the position widely (newsletter, Facebook, school app).
- Ask the Principal for assistance in promoting the position and its importance to the school community.
- Give 7 days notice of the meeting.
- Place on the agenda:
- Correspondence in: Email resignation from (Name) – outgoing P&C (Role).
- An item on the agenda ‘Elections’ and a sub-item under that ‘P&C (Role)’.
At the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Hold the election and take the meeting minutes to the bank to add the new signatory.
- Advise the Principal of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.
- Advise WACSSO of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.
eNews: Term 2 Edition 3Permalink
This week you will find:
• WACSSO Annual Conference
• F.A.Q. Should P&Cs run their uniform shop and canteen as a business?
• MindMatters: Mental Health in Secondary Schools
• Active Listening: Communication with Children
• Taking Drugs: Parent Info Sessions
• Learning Opportunities for P&Cs!
• Lowes School Uniforms
• Our wonderful conference sponsors
Click here to read.
Subscribe for information on public education in WA, school events, F.A.Q.s, online resources, fundraising ideas and P&C training opportunities! Never miss a beat.
FREE Talking Drugs information sessionPermalink
Parents/carers, teachers and school staff have a crucial role to play in the prevention of young people’s risk of harm from alcohol and other drugs.
SDERA are hosting a FREE Talking Drugs information session to help parents/carers understand the role they play in school drug education. Parents/carers will expand their knowledge of drugs including methamphetamine, and explore ways to speak with their children about alcohol and other drugs.
Date: Wednesday 28th June 2017
Time: 6:45pm - 8:30pm
Where: Dianella Secondary College, Lily Café, 180 Nollamara Ave Dianella WA 6059
Arabic, Karen and Vietnamese bi-cultural workers will be there to assist those who use English as a second language.
Giúp thế hệ trẻ giử an toàn
ستقدم المعلومات باللغة العربية
To book this FREE event or for more information please contact Kelli Dawson at SDERA on 9402 6267 or email@example.com. Please RSVP by 26 June.
Spaces are limited. Book now!
For more than 19 years, SDERA have been supporting school communities with successful, evidence-based drug and road safety education programs.