Latest News & Announcements
What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?Permalink
FAQ. What do we do when an Office Bearer resigns?
First ... Don't Panic!
Then ... If one of your Office Bearers (President. Vice-President, Secretary or Treasurer) resigns the following action should take place:
- Request the resignation in writing (an email will suffice).
- The Vice-President should preside at meetings until a President is elected (see Constitution Rule 10.0)
- Contact the bank immediately and have the relevant Office Bearer removed as a signatory.
- Change any common passwords the P&C executive uses and request bank security tokens/code generators (email, bank etc) be returned.
- Request all records and documents held by the Office Bearer be returned as required under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015 (Part 4, Div. 1)
- Request any other P&C materials be returned e.g. badges, ID lanyards etc.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate another member of the Executive (preferably the Treasurer) to be the primary contact for employees until the role is filled. The employees should be contacted and informed of the resignation and the interim arrangements.
- If it is the President that has resigned, then nominate an Executive member to fulfill their ex-officio role on sub-committees.
Before the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Advertise the position widely (newsletter, Facebook, school app).
- Ask the Principal for assistance in promoting the position and its importance to the school community.
- Give 7 days notice of the meeting.
- Place on the agenda:
- Correspondence in: Email resignation from (Name) – outgoing P&C (Role).
- An item on the agenda ‘Elections’ and a sub-item under that ‘P&C (Role)’.
At the first General Meeting (or Special General Meeting) after the resignation:
- Hold the election and take the meeting minutes to the bank to add the new signatory.
- Advise the Principal of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.
- Advise WACSSO of the details of the newly elected Office Bearer.