WACSSO provides representation and services to affiliated Parents and Citizens' (P&C) Associations in Western Australia.
There are currently more than 650 P&C Associations affiliated with WACSSO. For more information about affiliation, please contact the WACSSO office.
WACSSO represents P&Cs on decision-making committees within the Department of Education, as well as to State and Federal Members of Parliament.
WACSSO is your representative voice within the Department of Education and in the broader community.
The State Council of WACSSO is made up of a State Councillor from each electorate who represents affiliated school organisations. Councillors are available, by invitation, to attend P&C meetings to assist and advise where required.
Affiliates have the power to form a District Council to act as a local forum.
The decision-making body of WACSSO is Annual Conference. Each affiliate is entitled to be represented by two delegates and any number of observers. Conference determines WACSSO policy and is the forum for dealing with educational issues of a State or National context.
A staffed office is located within the Department of Education building that provides an expert advice service to affiliates and individual members.
- A free P&C Training Program is provided for affiliates. WACSSO employs a Training and Development Officer who conducts P&C Training and Webinars for P&C members.
- Regular information is supplied to affiliated P&Cs on educational issues in Western Australia and Australia.
- Various publications and brochures are produced on relevant issues in government schools as well as methods to assist affiliates in running a P&C.
- The P&C Voice is distributed to all affiliated Associations and interested subscribers via email. To subscribe, please email email@example.com
- WACSSO eNews is a regular online newsletter from the WACSSO office which is produced fortnightly and emailed to subscribers. To subscribe, please register here.
- WACSSO is available to follow on Facebook and Twitter for instant updates.
- Public Liability Insurance and Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance is included with affiliation. The Public Liability Insurance will cover WACSSO affiliates for up to $20 million for any one incident where the P&C or Council is found liable. The Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance covers anyone volunteering on behalf of the P&C Association or WACSSO-affiliated organisation.
- Insurance for canteens, uniform shops and workers compensation is provided at competitive rates.
- Advice on school canteens is available from the office.