Position papers & political party responses
2022 Federal Election Position Paper
2021 State Election Position Paper
2017 State Election Position Paper and the Response Summary.
2016 Federal Election Position Paper and the Response Summary.
2013 State Election Position Paper and the Report Card.
2013 Federal Election Position Paper and the Response Summary.
Setting our position
We are the peak body representing parents of public school children in Western Australia. We provide services and representation at State and National level to more than 660 Parents and Citizens Associations (P&Cs) in Western Australia.
Our position papers are created through a process of consultation between the WACSSO State Council, staff and, most importantly, our affiliates.
These documents set the position of WACSSO on key issues pertinent to education in WA. The election period provides an important opportunity for the Western Australian Council of State School Organisations Inc. (WACSSO) and its affiliates to advocate their position on key issues to political candidates, members and parties.
Including our position on key issues, for example:
- School Funding, Resourcing and Support
- School maintenance
- Support for all school staff
- Student centred funding model
- School populations
- Wellbeing and support
- Support for students with disability
- Mental health and allied health services
- Gifted and talented education
- Safety, including: school safety and road safety
- Independent Public Schools
- School council/board training
- Community Engagement
- Parental Engagement
- Improved strategies for VET work placements
- School fees, contributions and charges
- Information Communication Technology
- Online NAPLAN
- Improved Internet bandwidth and speeds
- Bring your own device