We actively represent our affiliates
The WACSSO President, State Councillors and staff are involved in, and provide parent representation to, the following Committees, Working Parties and Workshops. Through our representation and work with several different groups, WACSSO is able to ensure that decisions made by government agencies and community organisations are in the best interests of students in public education.
- Abilities Based Learning Education (ABLE) WA Advisory Committee
- Appeals Committee for the School Curriculum and Standards Authority (SCSA)
- Children’s Crossings and Road Safety Committee
- KidsMatter/MindMatters Reference Group
- Natureplay WA Inc. Member Council
- Past & non-specific representations
- Schools Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA), Ambassador: President Kylie Catto
- Western Australian Road Safety Education Committee (WARSEC)
WARSEC was established in 2003 and includes government and non-government organisations and service providers. WARSEC meet four times a year with the aim of promoting evidence-based and evidence-informed road safety education for schools and early childhood and community services in WA.
The road safety education strategies that WARSEC members implement as contribution to the Towards Zero WA Road Safety Strategy 2008-2020, are identified in the biennial action plan Directions.
Read Directions 2017-2019
- Western Australian School Drug Education Reference Group (WASDERG)
Established in 2016, WASDERG provides an opportunity for those working in the school alcohol and other drugs field to come together to enhance connection, understanding and partnership. Three times a year, members have the opportunity to share information and discuss ideas and current and emerging initiatives. Membership provides an ongoing awareness of the roles each service, organisation and agency plays and this strengthens our ability to support school communities across WA.
Past & non-specific representations
- Australian Curriculum Review Consultative Group
- Constitution Review Group
- Curriculum Council Appeals Board
- ECU Child Health Promotion Unit: RefreshED
- ECU Parents and Adolescent Alcohol Use Study
- Family-School and Community Partnerships Bureau Framework Review
- Gender and Sexuality Based Bullying in Schools (EOC)
- Independent Public Schools Working Group
- Public Private Partnership Schools Consultation Sessions
- School Curriculum and Standards Authority - various, parent/community groups
- School Drug Education and Road Aware (SDERA) Leavers Forum
- School Excursions Policy Review Group
- Student-Centred Funding Model Stakeholder Consultative Group
- Sustainable Schools Initiative
- WACE Special Provisions Committee
- WA Education Awards
- Year 7s to High School Consultation Group