Join the team!
“We partner with P&Cs to advance public education”
Do you want to help ensure that public education in Western Australia is of the highest quality and accessible to all?
Do you think you would make a good representative for the voice of parents and citizens in your region?
If yes, then nominating to become a WACSSO State Councillor may be for you.
2024 State Council Term Elections and By-Elections
Both Term elections and By-elections will commence on 5 February 2024 for the below electorates. The closing date for nominations is 12noon, Friday 5 April 2024.
- Canning East
- Canning North
- Canning West
- Joondalup East
- Peel South
- Wheatbelt North
- Wheatbelt South
- North West
- Swan East
Benefits of volunteering on the WACSSO State Council
- Being a State Councillor is your opportunity to positively contribute to the education of students in government schools throughout WA.
- You will learn invaluable lifelong personal and career skills.
- You will meet like-minded people and have the opportunity to network within the education community.
- You will be part of a well-respected, high-profile organisation.
- Access to a professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- A comprehensive induction program that includes formal support from an experienced State Councillor (WACSSO Buddy program)
- Most importantly, you will have a blast doing all of this!
What will be expected of me?
- Attend four (4) weekend State Council meetings per year in the city of Perth. These run all day Saturday and usually finish early Sunday afternoon.
- Attend WACSSO Annual Conference weekend at Crown Perth, traditionally in August, which includes a brief State Council meeting dinner on the Friday evening.
- Follow the WACSSO Constitution.
- Help formulate WACSSO Policy.
- Represent the views of all affiliates in their electorate to State Council.
- Provide support and information to affiliates in their electorate and report on these at State Council.
What is the cost to me?
- State Councillors are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses associated with WACSSO business, such as telephone calls and travel.