Join the team!
“We partner with P&Cs to advance public education”
Do you want to help ensure that public education in Western Australia is of the highest quality and accessible to all?
Do you think you would make a good representative for the voice of parents and citizens in your region?
If yes, then nominating to become a WACSSO State Councillor may be for you.
Benefits of volunteering on the WACSSO State Council
- Being a State Councillor is your opportunity to positively contribute to the education of students in government schools throughout WA.
- You will learn invaluable lifelong personal and career skills.
- You will meet like-minded people and have the opportunity to network within the education community.
- You will be part of a well-respected, high-profile organisation.
- Access to a professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- A comprehensive induction program that includes formal support from an experienced State Councillor (WACSSO Buddy program)
- Most importantly, you will have a blast doing all of this!
What will be expected of me?
- Attend four (4) weekend State Council meetings per year in the city of Perth. These run all day Saturday and usually finish early Sunday afternoon.
- Attend WACSSO Annual Conference weekend at Crown Perth, traditionally in August, which includes a brief State Council meeting dinner on the Friday evening.
- Follow the WACSSO Constitution.
- Help formulate WACSSO Policy.
- Represent the views of all affiliates in their electorate to State Council.
- Provide support and information to affiliates in their electorate and report on these at State Council.
What is the cost to me?
- State Councillors are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses associated with WACSSO business, such as telephone calls and travel.
Swan West Ballot closes 31 May 2019
Please contact Karen Izard 9264 4004 to request an election in your electorate or if you are interested in becoming a State Councillor or search which electorate your P&C is in.
If you would like further information on what the role entails from engaged and active State Councillors, please feel free to contact:
Pania Turner (Esperance electorate)
- 0400 721 060
Marianne Thoroughgood (Joondalup East electorate)
- 0405 741 505