Join the team!
“We partner with P&Cs to advance public education”
Do you want to help ensure that public education in Western Australia is of the highest quality and accessible to all?
Do you think you would make a good representative for the voice of parents and citizens in your region?
If yes, then nominating to become a WACSSO State Councillor may be for you.
Benefits of volunteering on the WACSSO State Council
- Being a State Councillor is your opportunity to positively contribute to the education of students in government schools throughout WA.
- You will learn invaluable lifelong personal and career skills.
- You will meet like-minded people and have the opportunity to network within the education community.
- You will be part of a well-respected, high-profile organisation.
- Access to a professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program
- A comprehensive induction program that includes formal support from an experienced State Councillor (WACSSO Buddy program)
- Most importantly, you will have a blast doing all of this!
What will be expected of me?
- Attend four (4) weekend State Council meetings per year in the city of Perth. These run all day Saturday and usually finish early Sunday afternoon.
- Attend WACSSO Annual Conference weekend at Crown Perth, traditionally in August, which includes a brief State Council meeting dinner on the Friday evening.
- Follow the WACSSO Constitution.
- Help formulate WACSSO Policy.
- Represent the views of all affiliates in their electorate to State Council.
- Provide support and information to affiliates in their electorate and report on these at State Council.
What is the cost to me?
- State Councillors are reimbursed for out of pocket expenses associated with WACSSO business, such as telephone calls and travel.
WACSSO is calling for nominations to fill the position of State Councillor to represent your Electorate. Candidates must complete and return a nomination form and the National Criminal History Check Summary Sheet including the four items of certified identification to the WACSSO office by noon, Friday 5th April, 2019.